Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Making a trip to the Great Eye Dr.

A thousand times I've failed but your mercy endures should I stumble again but I'm caught in your grace...everlasting, your light will shine when all else fades, neverending your glory goes beyond all things. your will above all else my purpose remains, the art of losing myself in bringing you praise, everlasting yoru light will shine when all else fades, neverending your glory goes beyond all things. my heart and my soul I give you control. consume me from THE INSIDE OUT...LORD...Let justice and praise become my embrace, to love you from the INSIDE OUT...your will above all else my purpose remains the art of losing myself in bringing you praise everlasting your light will shine when all else fails neverending your glory goes beyond all things...my heart and my soul I give you control, consume me from the INSIDE OUT LORD....let justice and praise, become my embrace to love you from the inside out, everlasting...your light will shine when all else fades, neverending your glory goes beyond all things and the cry of my heart is to bring you praise from the INSIDE OUT Lord my soul cries out.............and my heart and my soul I give you control, consume me from the inside out Lord, let justice and praise become my embraceeeeee to love you from the INSIDE OUT .. everlasting your light will shine when all else fades, neverending your glory goes beyond all things and the cry of my heart is to bring your praise from the INSIDE OUT Lord my soul cries out....Ephesians 5:1-2 "Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."

How lovely is your dwelling place...O Lord almighty. My soul longs and even faints for you. Oh hear my heart is satisfied within your presence I see beneath the shadow of your wings. Better is one day in your courts better is one day in your house better is one day in your courts then thousands elsewhere better is one day in your courts, better is one day in your house, better is one day in your courts then thousands elsewhere. One thing I ask and I would seek, to see your beauty. To find you in the place your glory lives. One thing I ask and I would seek, to see your beauty...to find you in the place your glory dwells...........Better is one day in yoru courts better is one day in your house, better is one day in your courts then thousands elsewhere, better is one day in your courts, better is one day in your house , better is one day in your courts then thousands elsewhere.....My heart and flesh cry out, to you the living God your spirits water to my soul...I've tasted and I've seen come once again to me, I will draw near to you, I will draw near to you.....Lord, it is so true that it is so much better for just one day in your house then thousands anywhere else. Thank you for being a God who loves when we sing praises to you and a God who gives us the hearts to worship to you and the joy that you hand out from praising you. I pray that my joy would be full and others would not only see this joy but would want to have it in their own lives Lord. I could sing of your love forever Lord and am so thankful that you have brought me back into a relationship with you once again as I was wandering on my own for awhile with noone to direct my paths. May my life reflect you and the decisions I make be honoring to your name. I ask this in your precious name, Amen.

Ever been getting ready to write something and you just start singing instead? It happens to me all the time as it did here tonight. Music is such a wonderful way to connect to God, people and yourself and a way to find joy and peace while singing. I was outside the other day and a woman walked by and I heard her singing a praise song and although I did not know this woman it still made me smile to hear her voice singing while walking her dog. You dont' have to be in church to sing and make a joyful noise, you can do it anywhere. And God is not looking for only people with wonderful voices he just wants us to lift what voices we do have up to Him and sing from our hearts. It's like the woman in Mark 12:41-44 "Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a fraction of a penny. Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth, but she, out of her poverty, put in everything-all she had to live on. " It should be this way with singing as well...even if we are poor in "voice" if we put all we have into lifting our voice to him in praise He will reward you with a blessing and more joy from doing that as opposed to someone who has a wonderful voice who is singing for someone to just hear their gorgeous voice....or is singing for wrong reasons in general. I've sang for wrong reasons before, but I've learned that God just wants our hearts in it and He will bless us far beyond we can imagine. So next time you are in church and they are singing songs don't merely sing the song with just your mouth but sing it with your ENTIRE heart and being of who you are and as if it were just you and Jesus in the room and you were sharing with him through song how you feel about Him. I've even sang my prayers before. Don't just sing a song to make a check mark on a page ... "yup, came to church today, sang the songs, listened to the message, now what's for lunch?" you m ight as well not be there if you are merely there to put in your time or make an appearance so others can see you singing or doing offering , etc....Next time you have offering be sure your heart is not grudgingly giving that money, and next time you sing a song don't be thinking of a million other things, imagine yourself in His presence just simply worshipping to him. You will be more blessed all around when you do things wholeheartedly and not whole headedly. :) Don't just listen to the messages preached, take what is said and apply them to your lives and pray and ask God what it is He wanted YOU to learn from being in that service on that day hearing that particular message. I read some passages the other night and then had my friend read them then I read them again and each time we read them we came across something else we hadn't learned the other times. Constantly keep your eyes and your hearts available to be seeing opportunities to be a blessing to those around you as well. If we could see people the way Jesus sees them (the adulterous woman in John 8)...the people were going to stone her and Jesus comes in and writes on the ground "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." After no one threw a stone Jesus says, "neither do I condemn you, go now and leave your life of sin." If we could look at people who are hurting and who do have real problems and although they might not be dressed the best or go to church or be living the right lifestyle but if we can see them as Jesus sees them what a difference we could make in their lives. So, next time you see someone who you normally maybe wouldn't talk to because of appearance or because someone has told you their history and it's filled with a mess of wrongdoings why not be the one who reaches out and shows Christ to them....or at least pray for them and while praying for them pray for yourself that God would show you the words to say when in those situations. Lay judgment to the side and love like Jesus loves. You will find a joy through doing t his just as the joy you get from praising Him in song or true offering/giving....You might be the only person in that persons life that is going to be able to be used as a tool by God to help them see Jesus and if you walk past and ignore then how sad that you not only missed out on a blessing but they possibly missed out on a chance to get to know Jesus in a personal way. I challenge myself and you to throw selfishness and pride out and just be the you that God created you to be and truly think WHAT WOULD JESUS DO ? and then GO DO IT.... :)
I started this by singing one of my favorite worship songs FROM THE INSIDE OUT .... If we can be that shining light when all else fades to someone to bring their insides to the outside and help them see their need for a Savior in their life then the cry of your heart will be to bring Him praise and we will be more consumed from the inside out as well.
gonna end with one more song..,Open the eyes of my heart Lord, open the eyes of my heart, I want to see you, I want to see you. Open the eyes of my heart Lord, open the eyes of my heart, I want to see you, I want to see you. To see you high and lifted up shining in the light of your glory, pour out your power and love as we sing holy, holy, holy. OPen the eyes of my heart Lord open the eyes of my heart I want to see you (and others around me) I want to see you...Holy HOly YOU ARE holy holy holy....Holy, holy, holy, I want to see you!!! Now, the question is..do you really want to SEE God ? Because if you do then it starts by seeing the way he sees. Ask him today for a new pair of eyes if yours have been failing you. He's the Great Physician and the best eye doctor I've ever been to!! And it's covered under the ASSURANCE policy that if we have accepted Him in our hearts then we are INSURED a place in his Kingdom...and I'd rather spend one day there then thousands elsewhere...how about you? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment